Our Solicitors can assist you whether you are a small business, a two person partnership or a medium sized company with employees it is important to ensure you have the correct structure and legally viable.
Selecting the correct structure and performing the due diligence and financial checks is an important role for your accountant in the acquisition process and also to ensure that all the legal aspects of a transaction are fully investigated to ensure the business’s future viability.
Business Sales or Purchases
There are various legal aspects that need to be looked at for a business sale or purchase and our Solicitors know how to assist you through the process
- Registration or transfer of various licenses
- Retail and Commercial leasing of premises
- Business name registrations and transfers
- Partnership Agreements, Shareholder Agreements
- Company formations
- The establishment or implementation of Trusts
- Transfer of employee obligations and entitlements
- Restraints against future competition from the seller
Retail leases are regulated and specialised documents and if not completed properly could contain traps for both the lessee and the lessor. It is not safe to take shortcuts on your business and commercial related transactions, as your livelihood is dependant on them. You need legal guidance from one of our experienced Solicitors to wade through all the issues involved.
Contact us for more information or to arrange a consultation with an experienced lawyer.